9.River Film Festival
Dal 28th May to 10th June 2015
Padova – Italy
The 9th River Film Festival is an international festival of shorts that will be held in Padova (Italy) from 28th May to 10th June 2015. The Festival is organized by the Associazione Culturale Researching Movie and is sponsored by theComune di Padova Assessorato Cultura e Turismo (Padua City Council and City Council Cultural Office). The festival is totally free and there is no charge for participation in the festival.
- The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2014. Deadline
- The film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction or animation.
- Total running time must be from 100 sec. to 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- The Application form to enter the competition is on the Festival website, it should be filled in online (a maximum of three entries per director). Alternatively a copy of this application should be printed off and sent, together with a DVD, Blue Ray or ProRes file format copy of the film. Entries must arrive on or before 30th March 2015 to the festival address:
River Film Festival
Via F. Marzolo 34a
35131 Padova – Italy
- Shipping and insurance costs for viewing copies are entirely the responsibility of the sender, as are any other costs incurred such as Customs duties etc. Films that are not selected will not be returned unless they are specifically asked for and the postage costs of returning the film are to be borne by the sender. All DVD, Blue Ray or ProRes file format copies of films sent from outside Italy should be accompanied by a declaration stating: “for temporary use; only for cultural purposes, no commercial value”
- Entry for the Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the published regulations. Should any dispute arise, the festival organisers will have the right of final decision on all that is not specified in the Regulations. Should there be controversy, the Padova Law Courts are competent to deal any litigation.
- The Films will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the Festival. The decision of the selection committee is final.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind except that enshrined in current Italian Law. .
- Finalists will be notified in our website or by email the 30th April 2015. The River Film Festival will do its best to announce the selected films and winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- The catalogue listing the films selected will be published after the 15th May 2015.
- Best graduation short (Film schools)
- Best Italian short
- Best international short
- Best extreme short
- Best 100” short
- Best documentary
- Best animation
- Best Festival of Festivals
- The owners of the winning films must deposit a DVD, Blue Ray or ProRes file format copy of the film in the Archives of the Festival. This will only be used for study purposes. Permission will be requested from those who hold the rights to the film should it be required for any other usage.
- Winning films must mention the prize awarded whenever shown.
- The opening and closing ceremonies of the Festival will be streamed on our website.
River Film Festival