15. River Film Festival 2021
The 15th River Film Festival is an international festival of shorts that will be held in Padova (Italy) from 1st to 26th June 2021. The Festival is organized by the Associazione Culturale Researching Movies and is sponsored by the Padua City Council – Cultural Office and the University of Padua. The festival is totally free entrance.
The films will once again be shown on the screen on the raft moored in the middle of the 16th-century fluvial port used for trade between Padua and Venice at the city gate of Porta Portello. This enchanting setting is just one of the many features that attract people to RiFF year after year!
Awards & Prizes
A Jury Laurels, certificates and GOLDEN RIVER (Murano glass sculpture made by Venetian artist) will be given to the best film short in the following category:
GRADUATION FILM SCHOOL
How To Submit
- The Application form to enter the competition it should be filled in online (a maximum of three entries per director). Alternatively a copy of this application should be printed off and sent, together with A ProRes H.264, mp4 or similarly low compression /high quality file format/codec copy of the film to firstname.lastname@example.org Entries must arrive on or before 31st March 2021, with english subtitles to the festival mail email@example.com.
- Pay for your entry fee via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Early bird before 31st December 202(10 euros)
Regular before 28th February 2021 (15 euros)
Late before 31st March 2021 (20 euros)
The entry fee is waived for single entries if the applicant resides in a country where this would be impossible or in one of the Least Developed Countries.
Terms & Conditions
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2020.
- Films can be documentary, student, narrative, fiction or animation.
- Total running time must be from 100 sec. to 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English language films must have English sub-titles. The Italian subtitles are welcome.
- Entry for the Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the published regulations. Should any dispute arise, the festival organizers will have the right of final decision on all that is not specified in the Regulations. Should there be controversy, the Padova Law Courts are competent to deal with any litigation.
- The Films will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the Festival. The decision of the selection committee is final.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind except that enshrined in current Italian Law.
- Finalists will be notified on our website or by email the 05th May 2021. The River Film Festival will do its best to announce the selected films and winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- The catalogue listing the films selected will be published after the 15th May 2021.
The owners of the winning films must deposit a ProRes H.264, mp4 or similarly low compression/high-quality file format/codec copy of the film in the Archives of the Festival. This will only be used for study purposes. Permission will be requested from those who hold the rights to the film should it be required for any other usage.
Winning films must mention the prize awarded whenever shown.