14. River Film Festival 2020
How To Submit
- The Application form to enter the competition is on the Festival website www.riverfilmfestival.org
it should be filled in online before the 30th March 2020 (a maximum of three entries per director).
- Pay for your entry fee via PayPal at email@example.com
Early bird before 30th November 2019 (15 euros)
Regular before 31st January 2020 (20 euros)
Late before 31st March 2020 (25 euros)
The entry fee is waived for single entries if the applicant resides in a country where this would be impossible or in one of the Least Developed Countries.
Terms & Conditions
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2019.
- Films can be documentary, student, narrative, fiction, VR Cinema or animation.
- Total running time must be from 100 sec. to 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English language films must have English sub-titles and Italian sub-titles in case of selection.
- Entry for the Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the published regulations. Should any dispute arise, the festival organisers will have the right of final decision on all that is not specified in the Regulations. Should there be controversy, the Padova Law Courts are competent to deal any litigation.
- The Films will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the Festival. The decision of the selection committee is final.
- All films selected receive Official Selection Laurels.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated against or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind except that enshrined in current Italian Law.
- Finalists will be notified on our website or by email on or by the 15th May 2020. The River Film Festival will do its best to announce the selected films and winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseeable delays.
- The catalogue listing the films selected will be published after the 25th May 2020.
Laurels, certificates and a GOLDEN RIVER (Murano glass sculpture made by Venetian artist) The international festival jury will select the best film in each of the following 7 categories for the awards:
- Best Graduation short (Film Schools)
- Best Italian short
- Best Queer Short
- Best Fiction short
- Best Documentary
- Best VR Cinema
- Best Animation
Winning films must mention the prize awarded whenever shown.