11TH RIVER FILM FESTIVAL 2017
16th – 30th June 2017
Padua – Italy
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
- Films can be documentary, student, narrative, fiction or animation.
- Total running time must be from 100 sec. to 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Shipping and insurance costs for viewing copies are entirely the responsibility of the sender, as are any other costs incurred such as Customs duties etc. Films that are not selected will not be returned unless they are specifically asked for and the postage costs of returning the film are to be borne by the sender. All screener DVD or digital file of the film sent from outside Italy should be accompanied by a declaration stating: “for temporary use; only for cultural purposes, no commercial value”
- Entry for the Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the published regulations. Should any dispute arise, the festival organisers will have the right of final decision on all that is not specified in the Regulations. Should there be controversy, the Padova Law Courts are competent to deal any litigation.
- All films selected receive Official Selection Laurels.
- The Films will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the Festival. The decision of the selection committee is final.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated against or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind except that enshrined in current Italian Law.
- Finalists will be notified on our website or by email on or by the 15th May 2017. The River Film Festival will do its best to announce the selected films and winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseeable delays.
- The catalogue listing the films selected will be published after the 31st May 2017.
(Laurels, certificates and a River Award (Murano glass sculpture made by Venetian artist)
The international festival jury will select the best film in each of the following 5 categories for the awards
- Best graduation short (Film Schools)
- Best Italian short
- Best international short
- Best documentary
- Best animation
However, the public decide which films will receive awards in the following 2 categories
- Best extreme short
- Best 100” short
- The owners of the winning films must deposit a screener DVD or digital file of the film in the Archives of the Festival. This will only be used for study purposes and screened in special events. Permission will be requested from those who hold the rights to the film should it be required for any other usage.
- Winning films must mention the prize awarded whenever shown.
- The opening and closing ceremonies of the Festival will be streamed on our website.
Awards Film Submission
- Open and download the submission form by clicking the button on the right;
- Fill out the form in all its parts by 31st March 2017;
- Send submission form, together with a copy of your DVD movie or video files, choosing the favorite method:
• by traditional mail (River Film Festival – via F. Marzolo, 34/a – 35131 Padova – Italy), or
• by email (email@example.com)
- Pay the registration fee, directly to our PayPal account, using the button below:
• Early bird deadline 31st December 2016 (€ 10,00)
• Regular deadline 28th February 2017 (€ 12,00)
• Late deadline 31st March 2017 (€ 15,00)
The entry fee is waived for single entries if the applicant resides in a country where this would be impossible or in one of the Least Developed Countries.