12TH RIVER FILM FESTIVAL 2018
29th May – 9th June 2018
Padua – Italy
How To Submit
- The Application form to enter the competition is on the Festival website www.riverfilmfestival.org it should be filled in online before the 28th February 2018 (a maximum of three entries per director).
- Pay for your entry fee via PayPal at email@example.comEarly bird deadline 30th November 2017 (€ 10)
Regular deadline 31st January 2018 (€ 12)
Late deadline 28th February 2018 (€ 15)
The entry fee is waived for single entries if the applicant resides in a country where this would be impossible or in one of the Least Developed Countries.
Terms & Conditions
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2017.
- Films can be documentary, student, narrative, fiction or animation.
- Total running time must be from 100 sec. to 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English language films must have English sub-titles.
- Entry for the Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the published regulations. Should any dispute arise, the festival organisers will have the right of final decision on all that is not specified in the Regulations.
Should there be controversy, the Padova Law Courts are competent to deal any litigation.
- The Films will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the Festival. The decision of theselection committee is final.
- All films selected receive Official Selection Laurels.
- No work or artist will be either discriminated against or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind except that enshrined in current Italian Law.
- Finalists will be notified on our website or by email on or by the 15th March 2018. The River Film Festival will do its best to announce the selected films and winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseeable delays.
- The catalogue listing the films selected will be published after the 1st May 2018.
(Laurels, certificates and a River Award (Murano glass sculpture made by Venetian artist)
The international festival jury will select the best film in each of the following 5 categories for the awards
- Best graduation short (Film Schools)
- Best Italian short
- Best Regional short
- Best international short
- Best documentary
- Best animation
However, the public decide which films will receive awards in the following 2 categories
- Best extreme short
- Best 100” short
- The owners of the winning films must deposit a screener DVD or digital file of the film in the Archives of the Festival. This will only be used for study purposes and screened in special events. Permission will be requested from those who hold the rights to the film should it be required for any other usage.
- Winning films must mention the prize awarded whenever shown.
- The opening and closing ceremonies of the Festival will be streamed on our website.