The Festival is among the official partners of important international cinema events: first of all Berlin Film Festival where every year, in February, RiFF presents the programme in preview.
Prestigious are also the sponsors of national and international institutions: European Parliament, Universities, Embassies, Institutes of Culture, Film Schools and Associations. River Film Festival therefore helps to place the city of Padua, with its Municipality and its University, at the center of European cultural policies.
- The films in competition must be made after the 1st of January 2021.
- The films can be: fiction, film schools, documentaries, animation and VR Cinema.
- The duration shall not exceed 30 minutes and shall not be less than 100 seconds including the titles.
- Films are allowed in any language provided they are subtitled in English and Italian.
- Applications for admission to the Festival imply the unconditional acceptance of these regulations.
- The management of the Festival will have the right of final decision on everything not specified in this regulation. The Court of Padua is competent for any dispute.
- The selection of films will be made by an independent committee appointed by the Festival, whose opinion will be final.
- All selected films will receive the Official Laurels Selection.
- No film will be discriminated against or favoured by country of origin, language, age of the author, race, genre, ideological content or production budget, and subjected to any censorship, except that established by Italian law in force.
- The selected films will be published by May 15, 2022 on our website and communicated by email.
- The festival catalogue will be available after 15 May 2022.
Award logo, certificate and GOLDEN RIVER (glass sculpture made by the masters of Murano). The international jury of the 16th edition of the River Film Festival 2022 will award the following prizes:
- To the best short film schools
- To the best Italian short
- To the best fiction film
- To the best documentary film
- To the best animated film
- To the best VR Cinema
- To the best QueerShort
The audience will award the best short.
The winning films are obliged to mention the prize in future screenings.
RiFF is supported by
Municipality of Padua – Department of Culture.
With the contribution of
Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
Supported by an important partnership network
European Parliament, ECU Film Festival, HIT-Human Inspired Technology dell’Università di Padova, River College Virtual Reality, la7Gold, Radio Cooperativa, il Mattino di Padova, Sehstern Kommunication – Berlin, l’Associazione Progetto Portello e Comitato Mura di Padova.